Saturday, September 13, 2008

Journal #3 A Tribute to a Teacher

When I was in fourth grade I recall going to one of my sisters volleyball games. She was a sixth grader. My parents knew the coach very well, in fact he is now a good family friend. I remember him coming up to me, a little fourth grader, after the game, and asking me if I was going to play volleyball in a few years. My response was I don't know. He then said to me, I bet you will be a great volleyball player. I never had this man as a teacher, although he was the VOAG teacher at the school. However, I played every sport he coached due to the experience that I had with him as a fourth grader. In fact, my senior year, he was the coach for the High school softball team. My senior year, we went 22-1, I was the starting pitcher. He believed that we could go all the way to the state championship game, in which we did. We lost, but we really succeeded because of his belief in us. Today I am able to work with this man, Mr. Marvin Busby. I am proud to say he has taught me a life lesson of respect. Thank you, and continue your hard work.

No comments: