We watched the deers patterns, and set up one evening where we thought they would be. These two deer did not show up, but another deer had some bad luck.
This poor deer came in at about 15 yards in front of us. Brek kept whispering to me, "That's a shooter, that's a shooter buck." So I drew back and let my arrow fly. I watched the arrow hit him, in what I thought was a pretty good shot. Well, the deer took off running. We tracked blood that night, but it got really dark, and we lost the sign. My brother-in-law Ryan was kind enough to help me look for the deer the next morning because Brek and Dagen both had work. However, me and Ryan had no luck finding him. We followed up a wash, but could find no blood. When Dagen got home from work, he went looking for the buck. I got a phone call that evening from Brek saying he had some good news and bad news. The good news was they found the buck, but the bad news was that he was still alive. That evening Brek, Dagen, and I went out to see if we could find him one more time. I took my bow with me, and we walked up that wash that Ryan and I had looked through in the morning. Up the wash there was a natural spring of water, and sure enough there was my buck sitting in the water. I was able to sneek two more shots at him through some brush. I hit him good enough these two times to kill him. I am so thankful that we found him, and that he did not have to suffer any longer.
Here are some more pictures!!!
These are two of Brek's cousins! Thanks for helping us pack him out!! It was fun to see you guys.
Thank you Dagen for all of your help! I couldn't have done it with out you!
Thank you Brek for all of your help! I have a blast with you!! Thank you for introducing me into your passion of hunting!! I love you!!
3 comments:
Bad AAA Leah! I couldn't do it. I like your whole outfit. I bet Brek picked it and thinks you look hot in CAMMO! Poor bambi hurting all night and laying in the cool water. That is cool Brek and Dagen tracked the deer and had you all ready to be successful!
I love your deer! Good job Leah :)
Oh leah you killed bambi so sad. Just kidding. I found you blog!!
Post a Comment