Last October, My sister-in-law Kelly, two of my brother-in-laws, and I drew Mule Deer hunts. Brek was at the academy but was able to come down on the weekend to go hunting. We woke up at the butt crack of dawn! I was so tired when the sun finally came up, that I was falling asleep out the window when we were looking for deer! We all hunted in the morning, but by noon it was so hot out that we decide the best luck would be to split up. Brek and I hiked up what he said was a small hill to glass for deer (that means to use binoculars to look for deer). When we got done we headed back to the truck! When we got to the truck we heard a gun shot in the direction that Kelly and her husband Dagen had gone off to. Brek actually said it came from the other direction, but I corrected him. We started walking towards where I heard the gun shot, when all of the sudden a deer runs in front of us. Brek looked at it through the Bino's, and whispered to me, it's a buck. We made a stock around him. I took a shot off the camera tripod at about eighty yards. After I shot and they told it was dead, I giggled!! It was such an adrenaline rush!! Kelly had seen a buck laying down to rest during the hot part of the day, and she shot it. The gun shot kicked up this other buck and spooked it straight to Brek and I. We killed our first deer about five minutes apart from each other!! It was quite an experience. Brek's brothers didn't kill anything SORRY RYNO! We are going to kill MONSTER BUCKS this year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment